You guy so know I’m all about self care. This year I gave myself one word to focus on each month as a way to guide my daily actions and inspire my goals for that month. For March I have myself the word “wellness”. Sometimes wellness feels like a trend you buzzword used by hippy dippy green juice loving yogis to promote a lifestyle that feels way too time consuming and unachievable to the average person with an office job and social schedule. One day you might eat three doughnuts but make it to Pilates class, while the next day you might focus on eating healthy and your mental health but yay pretty dedicate. Failing to meet perfection is okay, life is about balance. Wellness is important for all of us though and it can be achieved in small ways everyday. For the month of March I outlined 31 bite sized wellness goals to make a small impact everyday.
You can complete these goals in any order. You can skip journaling all together and choose to draw or birdwatch or do cartwheels instead. The point of this challenge isn’t to accomplish everything on this list verbatim but to inspire you to incorporate the idea of “wellness” through self care everyday. If you have a wellness goal that you think could be a daily bite sized goal please leave a comment. I know we can all benefit from learning new ways to nourish, pamper and generally take care of ourselves.
1. Start a journal and vow to write in it at least once a week this month. You can make lists, you can spill your stressed, you can share the highs and lows of your week…whatever! The only limit is your creativity.
2. Take a hot bath, try mixing it up with essential oils, candles and fresh rose petals.
3. Make a conscious effort to up your water intake for the week, you’ll notice a difference in the way you look and feel.
4. Grab a girlfriend and take a walk outside. The miles will go by quickly when you’re chatting and laughing.
5. Try a new workout, whether it’s an intense TRX class or an online yoga sequence your body will thank you.
6. Start and end your day with 5 minutes of meditation.
7. Incorporate a healthy serving of veggies intimate every meal. Scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato and avocado for breakfast, a salad packed with veggies and protein for lunch and a pesto quinoa bowl with mushrooms, sautéed greens and zucchini for dinner is an option that makes me salivate.
8. Give yourself a massage with foam rollers, order your own or utilize them at the gym.
9. Switch out that afternoon cup of coffee for tea instead.
10. Get to sleep early enough for a full 8 hours of beauty sleep. Bonus points for trying an overnight mask (like this one) or for switching to silk pillowcases.
11. Try a new healthy recipe and make a fun night out of it. Cook for a group of friends or have an at home date night with your significant other. Cooking needn’t be dull or monotonous.
12. Try a DIY face mask with food you already have in your kitchen. Greek yogurt, honey and turmeric are a few of my favorite ingredients that can be used alone or all together.
13. Listen to this podcast on nutrition and self love. If you obsess over food make a conscious effort to stop…if you eat processed junk all day make an effort to base your meals around nutrients.
14. Try a kombucha mimosa…I promise they’re delicious!
15. Engage your abs with a new at home video. I love the Tone it Up videos.
16. Take 10 minutes to write a letter to someone you appreciate, brightening their day will also brighten yours.
17. Greet the morning with sunrise salutations.
18. Research toxic beauty ingredients and own your new knowledge. Your skin is the largest organ you have and it soaks up everything you put on it.
19. Pick up two “just because” bouquets, one for you and one for a friend you think could use a little extra happiness in her day.
20. Call (don’t text) a woman who inspires you (whether it’s your mom, aunt or bestie) a real conversation can work wonders on your attitude.
21. Pamper yourself with a mani pedi at home or at the salon.
22. Make your own exfoliatant with coconut oil and brown sugar, apply in the shower and get ready for the softest legs ever!
23. Ditch technology for an entire evening. Turn off (or silence) your phone. Read instead of watching Netflix. Organize your kitchen instead of scrolling through Instagram. Unplug and unwind just for a night.
24. Have a good cry and doing you dare apologize for it. Life can be discouraging, it can be unfair, it can be frustrating…get it out!
25. Track your meals for the day and really listen to your body. Did that sugary snack make you crash? Did that third cup of coffee give you anxiety? Did that grilled cheese sandwich make your stomach hurt? Be mindful of what you eat and how it effects you. You don’t have to anything that makes you bloated or gives you a stomach ache but you can use this knowledge to live a more balanced life.
26. Buy yourself a new shade of lipstick and wear it out.
27. Mix a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your water and drink before breakfast.
28. Walk somewhere you would normally drive (to get groceries, to lunch at work, to the gym, to a friend’s house, etc).
29. Clean out your makeup bag! If you can’t remember when you last bought mascara toss it pretty please.
30. Make your own turmeric latte, they’re all the rage-see if this trendy health drink hits the spot for you.
31. Light your favorite candle and grab a sheet of paper. Close your eyes and envision who you are now. Think of how you’ve grown over the past year. What are you proud of? How do you hope to evolve over the next few years. Write down at least 5 things you love about yourself.
Let me know if you try any of my bite sized daily challenges in March. Of course if you have any of your own mini wellness goals I would love to learn about them. Happy March my darlings! <3
P.S. I’m off to Las Vegas for an extra long weekend. Follow along on Instagram, I’m currently set to private for a few personal reasons but will gladly accept the friend request!