Coffee table books have to be one of my favorite items to purchase, not only are they great to flip through lounging on the couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon but they make great conversation starters and even better decorations when stacked ornately. Oh yes, it takes a great bit of self-restraint for me not to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of coffee table books on a monthly basis! Due to my addiction, I believe coffee table books make great gifts. Though your boyfriend, best friend and Mother may not all love the same subjects you adore, chances are there is a coffee table book out there to make every reader’s (or decorator’s) heart skip a beat.
I’ve compiled a gift guide for a variety of personalities on you holiday shopping list. Best of all, many of these books are available on Amazon meaning you can utilize your Prime shipping for any last minute shoppers out there (myself included)!
Coffee Table Books for Everyone on Your List:
1.For the Fashionista: Pradasphere or American Fashion Menswear or Vogue and The Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute: Parties, Exhibitions, People
All of these are on my list, but I’m specifically looking for The Fashion Book
2. For the Snow Bunny: The Stylish Life: Skiing
3. For the Child at Heart: Eloise: The Ultimate Collection or A Madeline Treasury or Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: The Illustrated Edition
6. For the Perpetual Hostess: The Vintage Tea Party Book or Dinner Parties or At the King’s Table: Royal Dining Through the Ages
7. For the Inner Mystic: The Secret Language of Birthdays
8. For the Francophile: Paris: City of Art
11. For the Outdoor Enthusiast: Tree Houses: Fairy Tale Castles in the Air
I’d happily place any of these gorgeous books on my coffee table or book shelf. Personally, I’m most addicted to coffee table books on fashion and interior design, but so many of these titles peek my fancy! I’m not much of a collector (unless you can count shoes, bags & photographs as collections) but I do love picking up coffee table books when I travel. Gift wise, most coffee table books are so pretty on their own, you hardly need to wrap them. Of course a bow and tissue paper always add a festive touch!
Are you as obsessed with coffee table books as I am? Do you like to purchase books as gifts? Comment with a few of your favorite coffee table books (because my addiction isn’t bad enough already).