I don’t often discuss athleisure or workout fashion on the blog, but for the past six or so years I’ve been a die hard Lululemon fan. I seriously have two full drawers of workout clothes 95% of which originate from the company made famous for it’s ultra flattering yoga pants. I realized my workout clothes could use a bit of an update in the spring when I donated or tossed shorts that had shrunk in the washing machine over time, pilled leggings and tops that had been sweat in and worn down for years. I assumed I would eventually replace the pieces I parted with, with more Lululemon Speed Shorts, Wunder Unders and tank tops as soon as necessity dictated. With my upcoming hiking trip in Switzerland I figured it was the perfect time to pick up a few new workout pieces. I planned to get a few fresh pieces for my trip to Europe and naturally, I could replenish my supply of gym clothes in the process.
When I hit up my local Lululemon stores (there are two in Seattle) I was annoyed and disappointed. All of the cute tops (like this one) and the colors I liked and had seen online were sold out in my size. While I definitely could have found shorts and tanks to “make do” I didn’t want to drop a few hundred dollars on workout clothes I wasn’t even excited about. I decided to expand my horizons beyond the walls of Lululemon (an act my former Lulu obsessed self wouldn’t have even believed I would do!). I ended up ordering a few pieces from the Free People workout line as well as from Nordstrom’s in house activewear line, Zella.
Though I didn’t purchase all of the pieces features in today’s post, all pieces can be found at Nordstrom (a few of which are part of NSale).
1.Adidas Athleisure Dress: Love the idea of throwing on this dress for class with a pair of sneakers for a day spent studying and running errands.
2. Zella Strappy Tank: This tank is part of the NSale and comes in both pink and black.
3. Mesh Cutout Workout Top: This top feels so edgy and fashion forward meaning you’ll be getting compliments left and right at yoga class.
4. Free People Movement Canyon Tank: I couldn’t resist the strappy back on this Free People tank top.
5. Ivy Park Logo Shorts: Every girl needs a pair of black shorts in her workout repertoire and the Ivy Park logo makes this pair extra fun.
6. Free People Movement Leggings: These leggings have quite a few details without feeling busy. I can’t wait to wear them with #9!
7. Zella Lace Up Leggings: The lace up detail on the side is both functional (to keep you cool) and stylish.
8. Ivy Park Sports Bra: With a sports bra this cute you’ll want it to peek out if your top at the gym!
9. Free People No Sweat Tank: While the front of this tank is cute, the back really steals the show.
10. Ivy Park Sleeveless Sweatshirt: This sleeveless sweatshirt is perfect for throwing on for a morning workout where you start off cool but warm up quickly!
11. Zella Wrap Top: Pair with your favorite sports bra and head to a casual brunch after a sweaty workout.
12. Ivy Park Logo Leggings: I’ve read these leggings are ultra soft making them perfect for a hike or throwing on for coffee & a walk with a girlfriend.
I don’t plan on abandoning Lululemon forever but there’s certainly no harm in diversifying my workout wardrobe. Now that I have a handful of cute, new pieces for hiking in Switzerland my trip feels SO real. I can’t wait for the adventure! Where do you find your favorite workout clothes?
*This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase I may receive a slight commission. All brands and pieces featured are nonetheless pieces I would buy (or have bought) for myself. Thanks for supporting The Fairy Princess Diaries!