With my summer course in full swing and the outdoors calling my name whenever I’m not reading, studying or otherwise forced to be indoors…I’ve left myself little time for blogging. Still, I love using this space as a way to record and look back on my adventures as well as the content occupying my mind at any given moment. The morning grayness has yet to wear off in Seattle today so I am seizing the opportunity to push aside criminal law reading for a moment and just spill what I’ve been up to/into in the ever popular list format.
1. During August I have a 2 week break after my summer class ends and before my fall classes begin. Initially Jordan and I were hoping to go to Iceland together but found it difficult to coordinate with boy Jordan’s work schedule #StoryOfOurLives. Not wanting to miss out on an opportunity for an adventure myself I decided to coordinate a trip to Germany, Switzerland and possibly Austria with my Aunt and Uncle. My Aunt is the BEST travel planner and is fluent in German so traveling with her is truly ideal. Of course I am a little sad Jordan and I won’t have a romantic trip together this August but I am SO looking forward to adventuring with my fam. If you have any travel tips or suggestions I would love to read them!
2. Summer has officially arrived in Seattle! The sun has been making regular appearances (though as I type this it is overcast and muggy) and everyone in Seattle is taking advantage of the city’s natural beauty. I have been spending as much time as possible outside whether it is playing tennis, going on long walks with anyone who will join me or paddle boarding in Lake Washington with my Aunt and Uncle. For years I’ve wanted to take a tennis lesson or two and go to a paddle board yoga class…this year I am DETERMINED to cross at least one of them off my bucket list.
3. Speaking of outdoor summer activities, hiking is one of my favorites! For the 4th of July we hiked Snow Lake (a favorite of mine for years). People are always really doubtful of Pierre’s ability to hike (I get it, he looks frilly and is hairless) but I swear he shocks everyone with his determination. Summer with a dog is the freaking best. I think I love trips to the dog park, long evening walks and dog friendly hikes even more than Pierre.
4. My summer law school course is already more than half way over. I’m sort of freaking out! So far I have really enjoyed learning the foundational principles of criminal law but I have to admit the past few weeks have felt a lot like drinking from a fire hose. I have been inundated with new vocabulary, concepts and theories. Over the summer I have loved every single minute of learning but I am very nervous for the fall when I will be in four classes as opposed to one.
5. Out of nowhere I recently have started listening to Eminem music like crazy, trust me it surprises me more than it surprises you.I am forever behind on music trends and I don’t even know the last time Eminem released an album so I have to laugh at myself. I obviously don’t agree with the guy ideologically on a lot of issues but the music is so catchy I have him on repeat on Spotify as I clean the house.
6. One of my favorite trends for summer continuing into fall is white booties. White leather booties feels fresh for spring/summer but really unexpected and retro for fall. I love the way Emily Schuman of Cupcakes & Cashmere styled her white Rag & Bone booties. Personally I have been eyeing this Stuart Weitzman pair & this Dries Van Noten pair although both are outside of my law school student budget I will be on the lookout for budget friendly alternatives.
7. Recently I met up with a friend I hadn’t seen in over a year to reconcile a “falling out”. Without going into specifics, #NotJustMyStoryToTell, I found the experience really humbling in the sense that I had already made it up in my mind to move on from the incident that caused our schism and wasn’t expecting any sort of apology (we’d both wronged on another & both had reasons to be upset). I have a lot of respect for someone who puts aside their pride and apologizes without expecting an apology in return and who attempts to see another’s point of view even when that person acted in a manner that hurt the friendship. It was a refreshing reminder to be the friend that forgives, to be the person who isn’t afraid to love more and not to let pride keep you from growing. We all make mistakes but I wouldn’t want my mistakes to define me to others so I shouldn’t define others by their moments of weakness.
8. Once again Karlie Kloss has me wishing I could snap my fingers and be her (or you know just as chic as her) in an instant. I
stalk Kloss on instagram and while the supermodel is always strutting around looking gorgeous in new glamorous locations she has been exceptionally stunning lately. See Karlie casually posing like a goddess, smizing in Paris selfies and treating a greenhouse like her personal runway for proof. Karlie is a midwestern ray of sunshine and like straight up sexy diva at the same time…HOW?!
9. It seems as if all anyone can talk about is the Nordstrom sale am I right? I made a snarky joke on twitter about the sale a few days ago (my most liked tweet to date so I couldn’t have been the only one feeling some kinda way) and I think I was punished for my remarks. I sat refreshing my cart for two hours trying to grab a pair of Rag & Bone jeans and a body suit yesterday morning…eek! My purchase finally went through and I’m apologizing to the Nordstrom gods for scorning them. Without adding to the sea of Nordstrom blog posts I do want to share the item I would recommend based on my own experience…STUART WEITZMAN BOOTS ON MEGA SALE (no affiliate link). I got a pair a few years ago while visiting New York and then another pair for Christmas last year so I could not justify a third pair (though don’t think I didn’t toy with the idea). I swear these boots have changed my life for the better (;
10. CELINE BAG (insert heart eye emojis here)! You may have seen me humble bragging about my new Celine bag on instagram, as gauche as I must have come across I could not reasonably help myself. I have dreamed of my very own chic luggage tote for years but never actually thought I would hold one on my arm. The other day Jordan and I were in Barney’s looking at a few sale items for himself and I mentioned wanting to go look at the Celine luggage and phantom totes…one thing quickly led to another and I walked out of Barney’s with a brand new mini luggage tote in all black. Aaah I was so excited guys! I’ve still barely used the tote because I am still in shock that it is mine…but I love it (honestly felt like Gwyneth Paltrow when I was toting it through Whole Foods). You can buy Celine at Nordstrom/Barney’s but there always seem to be used Celine bags in great condition on consignment sites (here is one similar to mine at a really great price) & (This green Celine is such a fun pop of color).
Cheers to the weekend friends! I am heading to Tacoma for a photo shoot with the photographer who shot these photos then heading to Portland for the weekend with Jordan. I hope your weekend is filled with sunshine, happiness, love and a little Nordstrom shopping spree if that’s your thing (;
I intended to use a list format to be less verbose and more to the point but I can see now my intentions clearly failed. Oops! I’m over 1400 words in so I guess it’s time to wrap this party up.