Coming off the high from an incredible weekend is always a little difficult. Friday afternoon,my boyfriend,Jordan flew into San Francisco from Seattle to visit. My little brother and I drove to San Francisco to get him and stopped at Golden Gardens Park to stretch our legs on the way there. I had the best best best weekend with Jordan and my family. Jordan and I surprised my brother by taking him to get his first skateboard and hung out with Dylan and Gigi all day both Friday and Saturday in Calistoga. On Sunday we headed back to San Francisco for time exploring outside and a bit of shopping. Jordan makes me laugh non-stop and brings out my weirdest, quirkiest sense of humor. Between roasting s’mores in the backyard, watching my little sister’s eyes light up when she put on her new Elsa costume and watching the sunset over the bay in San Francisco it was a weekend that reminded me how lucky I am to be surrounded by so much love.
Since I write about relationships regularly I thought it would be fun to share a few facts about my relationship. I generally try and keep the overly sappy posts to a minimum (or at least space them out a bit to avoid being too mushy and annoying). This blog is still 1000% about me, my inner narcissist needing validation wouldn’t have it any other way. But I do reference my male lead quite often so I thought it would be fun to share a few facts about us.
1. It’s true we are both named Jordan. Luckily my parents got creative and spelled Jordyn with a “Y” because my mom thought it looked more feminine and prettier in cursive. It’s really not confusing most of the time!
2. We met first at my 23rd birthday party aboard a friend of a friend’s boat but didn’t talk much because I was busy drinking champagne and dancing to Taylor Swift. A week later two friends invited us skiing, we connected because Jordan thought I was “deep” (still laugh at that) and we have been together ever since.
3. We moved in together after roughly two months of dating (something I wouldn’t recommend but actually worked really well for us). I wrote a full post on living with a significant other.
4. Both of our birthdays are on the 17th (of different months).
5. On any random weekend night Jordan prefers to go out, I prefer to stay in.
6. He has me hooked on watching The Walking Dead and I’ve convinced him that hiking is the best summer outing.
7. When it comes to sweets I prefer ice cream and he is obsessed with the candy from Sugarfina (I swear we go to the stand at Nordstrom once a week).
8. Jordan keeps a pretty low profile when it comes to social media (he doesn’t even have a Facebook) but doesn’t mind me mentioning him on the blog and secretly likes to help me blog/instagram endeavors.
9. In the zodiac universe he’s a Leo and I’m a Capricorn. I’m partial to the Meyer’s Briggs personality test though!
10. On our third date we planned a week long road trip to California. I definitely worried there was something wrong with my judgement committing to spend a week with a guy I hadn’t even kissed yet but it was the best (most romantic) trip of my life.
12. Both of us love clothes, dislike beer, are slightly allergic to cats and fear wasted potential & aliens. He’s more of a workaholic, I have a much greater urge to travel the world.
13. Jordan is the better cook (oh my gosh his shrimp tacos make me drool) but I cook more often because he works later.
14. We said “I love you” for the first time on Valentine’s Day after only a few weeks of dating (sensing a “things moved super fast” trend here?”). I was never a big Valentine’s person but now the holiday holds sentimental value to me.
15. I am a rule follower. I follow all rules simply because they are rules. He is a risk taker, I don’t even think he knows how many speeding tickets he’s had in his life.
16. We are both the oldest children in our families. I have two younger brothers and a younger sister (ages 20, 9 and 3).
17. Jordan is hands down the funniest person I’ve ever met. He makes me laugh because he is SO witty. I make him laugh because I’m shamelessly weird.
18. The quality I admire most in him is depth of character, the quality he admires most in me is excessive silliness.
19. We both have green eyes and freckles though I have more of the latter.
20. The best relationship advice I have for long term relationships is “to be open and honest about everything. Communication is key!” The best relationship advice he has for long term relationships is to “make your girlfriend your best friend”.
I hope you enjoyed learning more about both of us. I thought it was fun to recap the sweet little details of our relationship that I don’t think about on a daily basis.