Happy Monday! Over the weekend I had a second birthday celebration with a few of my friends who couldn’t make it last weekend (and a few that could but were sweet enough to celebrate with my twice). I thought I would break down the night in a “10 things” list to keep myself from rambling on and to keep you from falling asleep at your keyboard as you’re reading.
1. I seriously lucked out when it comes to friends. I am naturally awful at making new friends but the ones I have made have really stuck around. I am so grateful for such a lovely and caring group of people in my life.
2. My cousin Genevieve was the star of the pre-party. She showed up with food for appetizers, champagne and even did my hair (and let me use her lipstick). Everyone needs a Genevieve at their party!
3. My drink of choice is always something bubbly but if I have to I’ll opt for vodka with pineapple juice.
4. I found this dress at Nordstrom the day of my party. I thought it was a perfect birthday dress for dancing at a club and great to rewear in Vegas when I go in March.
5. Originally I wanted to make a bunch of cute little appetizers for the pre-party at my house, but the day ended up being so hectic that we opted for a simple assortment and then ordered pizzas.
6. I love dancing which I is one of the reasons I know Jordan is my perfect match. Jordan is the happiest dancer; I swear if it were up to him we would find a place to dance every night.
7. While we were dancing we noticed a group of people completely decked out in togas. I was certain they had to be fresh faced 21 year olds headed out from a fraternity party-when I asked where they came from they said “a work party”. Apparently not all company parties are created equal!
8. After the club I was craving an ice cream sundae. Of course it was 2:00 in the morning so there wasn’t a huge variety of ice cream shops ready to serve us. Jordan, Genevieve and I went through the McDonalds drive thru for hot fudge sundaes. I think I gobbled mine down before we were out of the parking lot.
9. Sunday morning I slept in until 11:00am! I can’t remember the last time I slept so late. It was a much needed day of sloth…complete with macaroons, a bubble bath & lots of tea.
10. We bought WAY too much champagne and Rose for the pre-party at my house…we still have four bottles leftover. Now I need to throw another party to drink all the champagne!