Inspired by Vogue’s 73 Questions video series and the desperate need for an updated “About Me” post in this space, I thought I would share 73 quick tidbits about me. The Vogue 73 question series is designed to be quippy and concise so I’ve tried to answer in such a way that won’t have you reading here for hours.
1.What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? Spending a week with my family in Napa Valley
2. What is something you’re tired of? Political banter on Facebook
3. What is something that recently moved you? A late night conversation with my aunt
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? European History
5. What’s your favorite beverage? Coffee
6. What’s your favorite cocktail? Does a mimosa count?
7. What is your favorite birthday cake? Ice cream cake, always
8.What is one thing you still have from your childhood? Exuberance for life
9. What is your favorite movie? The Royal Tenenbaums and Legally Blonde
10. What is something you can’t do? French Braid
11. What is one habit you wish you could break? Picking at my skin
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? My boyfriend, Jordan
13. What does creativity mean to you? Finding inspiration from raw human emotion and experiences
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time? “All too Well” by Taylor Swift
15. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Leaving behind everything and moving abroad!
16. Best advice for your 19 year old self? Don’t worry about what other people think of you, if they’re really your friends they’ll like you for who you are. And be nice to your boyfriend, he’s a nice person!
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Carrie Bradshaw
18. Must have purse item? Chapstick
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? Be a vetrinarian and a singer!
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years? Avoiding checking my bank account like the plague
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? You can (and will) heal from a broken heart.
22. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime? Publish in a magazine
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides Seattle? Yes, but I’m content for now
24. What is your favorite dessert? Definitely ice cream
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Cake
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat? Eggs Florentine and a Mimosa
27. Who is your favorite painter? Botticelli
28. Favorite Disney animal? Simba
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Path
30. What did you read most recently? “The Royal We” by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
31. Favorite solo artist? Taylor Swift
32. What’s your Favorite board game? I’m obsessed with Mastermind
33. What’s a city you wish to visit? Prague
34. Heels or flats? Both
35. Where does one go on a perfect road trip? California
36. What do you do on a rainy day? Drink tea and read
37. What’s your favorite exercise? Jogging
38. What was your worst subject in school? Spanish
39. What is your spirit animal? My brother says an ocelot
40. What do you usually eat for breakfast? Oatmeal
41. What do you usually eat for dinner? Takeout…
42. Cooking or Baking? Baking
43. Favorite baked good? Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
44. What is something you wish you could be good at? Ballet
45. Skiing or Surfing? Snowboarding but always sun over snow
46. First celebrity crush? Lance from N’SYNC
47. Most recent celebrity crush? Ryan Reynolds
48. What color was your prom dress? Junior year it was black and gold and senior year it was royal blue
49. How do you manage stress? Lists and my planner
50. What do you do to relax? Write or take a bath
51. Age when you were first kissed? 13
52. Place you were first kissed? An Aerosmith concert
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time? Riding boots
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? If you really love something it never goes out of style
55. Trend you would like to see disappear forever? Underwear lines, hehe
56. Shoes or Bags? Oh gosh…if I had to choose…shoes!
57. How do you know if you’re in love? You don’t have to ask or analyze or question what it means, you just know
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently? Project Runway
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? At first, my dog
60. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way? It is important to ask for help when you need it
61. If you could make a documentary about anything what would it be? Girls in the Middle East
62. What is your Kryptonite? My little brother Dylan’s big brown eyes
63. What are you most enchanted by? The way the sun shines through the leaves at sunset
64. What is your biggest strength? Emotional intelligence
65. What is your biggest weakness? Overwhelming sensitivity
66. What are 3 words to describe living in Seattle? Outdoorsy, Grungy, Technological?
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? Baby bulldogs
68. Most important advice you’d give your future children? Always be true to yourself and your convictions
69. Best first date idea? Anything with champagne
70. Favorite type of flower? Daisies & Peonies
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? Their sense of humor & style
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? Lately, binge watching Project Runway
73. Plans for the weekend? A staycation with my boyfriend, shh don’t tell anyone!
If you haven’t watched the Vogue 73 Questions videos I suggest you start with the Taylor Swift and Anna Wintour videos but be prepared to get sucked in! On Wednesday I probably spent an hour watching! What would you share if Vogue interviewed you for the 73 questions series?