My sophomore year of college I jetted off to the Caribbean to spend a long weekend in the Caribbean with my family. I had to miss an English course (and in turn had to drop the course) but the sailing trip in the Caribbean seemed too magical to resist, I figured I would just take summer classes and the English class could wait! Though I was only on the boat for four days I must have packed at least ten bikinis. I changed bathing suits part way through each day just so I could wear them all. My family thought it was hilarious and teased me for my bikini obsession for years to come.
Fast forward almost two years after college graduation and my bikini drawer needs an update. I’ve lost pieces, worn a few favorites out and just grown tired of others. This summer I am determined to spend as much time as possible outdoors which definitely means treating myself to a fabulous new bikini for the season.
This season there are so many unique bikini trends to try out. I love the mismatched patterns on Maaji bathing suits and always feel confident in a classic string bikini.
1. Tory Burch Mosaic Top & Bottom| I’m fairly certain this set will be this year’s bikini purchase of the season. I think lavender looks so lovely on and the mosaic pattern feels just the right amount of boho and sophisticated. I’ll wear it poolside sipping lemonade pretty please!
2. Triangl Lotte-Citron Bikini| Triangl bikinis were all the rage last season and certain to be seen at beaches and pools this year too. I love that Triangl kept the same simple design with an updated look, this brightly colored neoprene is sure to stand out among a sea of stripes, polka dots and solids.
3. Triangl Coco Floral Affair| At the pool my usual go-to colors are bright and playful, however the olive hue in this bikini looks like it belongs on Gieselle. The mismatched top and bottom stay playful and fresh while the natural tones feel elevated compared to the hot pink and purple combos.
4. Savarna Crocheted Bikini Halter Top and Side Tie Bikini Bottom| For a suit that is more about being seen than actually swimming, this crocheted set is beautifully made and perfect for trouncing around at a summer music festival or laying in the shade lakeside. Pretty enough to be a complete look all on its own throw on a pair of aviator shades and booties to radiate like a boho goddess.
5. Nastygal Bohemian Rhapsody Black Halter|Two things I generally dislike (on me)-halters and one pieces, somehow feel perfect together. This one piece is fit for Beyonce and is sure to make you feel svelte and supermodel-esque all summer long.
6. Kate Spade Playa de Palma Floral Appliqué Top and Hipster Bottoms| For a super feminine look this underwire bikini top by Kate Spade is positively darling. With scalloped or straight edge bottoms this look pairs nicely with a sweet pair of bow wedges and a straw hat.
7. Luli Fama Wavy Bikini Top & Bottom| I purchased an ornate Luli Fama string bikini a few years back and became obsessed with the fit. Just like a little black dress I believe every girl needs a little black bikini to call her own. Definitely crushing on this understated piece for sunbathing.
8.For Love & Lemons Valencia Bikini Top & Bottom | I often ask myself if anything For Love & Lemons creates could be any more beautiful? A bit outside of my usual price range I lust after these dainty boho pieces not excluding the lacy Valencia top and bottom.
Do you have a crush on any bikinis this season? What do you look for in swimwear?