Makeup guru I surely am not. I can’t tell you how to highlight and contour yourself until you look like Gieselle or the best setting sprays (I have yet to use of of these) or any tricks for applying fake lashes. I love having my makeup done at Sephora for events but day to day I’m pretty boring. Eyeliner, mascara and moisturizer is my usual day to day routine. The best way I’ve found to spruce up my boringly basic makeup routine is with fun pops of color, usually on my lips.
Spring is a great time to add a few new lip colors to your look. With flowers blooming everywhere it only seems natural to adorn your face with floral inspired hues. Whether you want a bright hue to spice up your look for brunch, a natural hue for the workday or a bold look for a spring night out, I think my favorite lip shades will do the trick.
My 5 Favorite Lip Colors for Spring:
Lancome Rouge in Love Rose’Mantic
- An easy wear to work or on a first date look, this natural rosy hue is soft and feminine. Truth be told I’ve been wearing this shade more than any other this season. You could say I’m obsessed.
Bite Grape Lip Crayon
2. This super bold radiant orchid is sure to reward you with just about a billion compliments from your besties. As a lip pencil this shade is super easy to apply and the perfect statement for a neutral outfit.
MAC Saint Germain
3. Great for day or night this Barbie pink shade screams girly girl. A little more high maintenance than a rose, this color is a go to for a girls’ night out or goes great with a structured little white sundress.
Urban Decay Naked2
4. Nude lips look appropriate for an interview, evening picnic or dinner with family. I like nude lips with a laid back look like white jeans and an oversized sweater for a chilly spring evening to enjoy a glass of rose on the patio!
L’OREAL Fresh as a Rose
5. This in between hue isn’t too bold for more conservative office settings or too boring for the weekend. I like this fun pop for perusing the farmer’s market, shopping or heading to an early happy hour.
I’m guilty of picking up a new shade of lipstick every time I run into Sephora. Though I don’t wear lipstick every day I love adding a bit of color to my face for the weekends, a night out and even to work on occasion. My lipstick collection might get a little lonely so I’m trying to experiment with lip color even more often (another favorite of mine is black lipstick but typically for an edgy night time look rather than a daytime spring vibe).
Do you have a go-to lip color or do you experiment with a variety of hues? If you have any favorites for this season I would love to read your suggestions. Have a great weekend, xo!