Happy Wednesday blog friends! I used to make a point of happily sharing facts about myself here on a regular basis. I realized recently that I haven’t shared any random fun facts about who I am in quite some time. I delve deep into my introspections and day to day life but rarely share the little quirks and oddities.
1. Part girly-girl, part boho hippie, I named my blog “The Fairy Princess Diaries” as a reference to both aspects of my personality (and also because my family jokingly likes to refer to me as “The Fairy Princess”).
2. I eat ice cream every day, religiously.
3. My puppy, Pierre, sleeps under the covers with Jordan and I. Initially we adopted him so I wouldn’t feel lonely when Jordan worked late but, of course, Pierre adores Jordan and simply tolerates me.
4. Speaking of Jordan, I’m not just speaking in third person! My boyfriend and I are both named Jordan/Jordyn. I often forget how crazy talking about him can make me seem (like I always speak in third person…).
5. My greatest fear has always been aliens. I can’t even remember watching a scary movie with the creatures in it but I do know whenever anyone says the word aloud it sends shivers down my spine.
6. I hate watching movies but I’ll gladly binge watch television shows on Netflix. I’m not quite sure what the difference is but I do know there is one!
7. In high school I thought I wanted to be an environmental scientist, I still consider myself a recycling pro, though I stopped competing in “Envirothons” long ago.
8. My favorite flavor of macaroon is lavender. I swear lavender macaroons are fairy food!
9. I am in serious danger of spending all of my money on coffee table books and in the Anthropologie home section. Is there a special rehab for Anthro addicts?!
10. Brigitte Bardot is one of my favorite style icons, MAJOR girl crush!
11. I have a scar on my forehead that often results in Harry Potter references.
12. As a child I used to have dreams (on a regular basis) that I was Harry Potter.
13. Should I get married someday I dream about saying I do in whimsical conservatory. Flowers everywhere just seems magical.
14. Fashion and interior design are two of my favorite subjects both of which I love to discuss on this blog.
16. If I could trade lives with any fictional character it would certainly be Carrie Bradshaw. I would love to write about relationships, try on her shoe collection and frolic through NYC in a tulle skirt. The only problem is I never really liked Mr.Big.
17. I’m fascinated by preying mantises. I think they are the most elegant and eerie creature!
18. Grapefruit is my all time favorite smell, fill my house with the fresh scent please <3
19. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 12 but rarely ever mention it on my blog. It sort of weirds me out when people are weirdly obsessed with what they eat and don’t eat. I’m definitely not someone who is bothered by other people eating meat in the slightest.
20. On the Meyer’s Briggs personality test I am an INFJ. I love making other people take the test and talking about their results.
21. I was a cheerleader in high school (and for a year in college) but I never really liked dancing. I’ll flail around dancing like a dork at the club all night long, but learning coordinated dances is a nightmare.
22. Growing up I always wanted red hair and freckles, when I saw a pretty girl with the red hair I envied on the first day of cheer tryouts I immediately rushed over to her, she’s been my best friend ever since.
23. I’ve realized I’m a little high maintenance when it comes to wellness-I need alone time every day, I need people time every day, I need time to be outside and time to be snuggly warm, I need vegetables (and ice cream), I need to stretch my legs (preferably with a run), lots of natural light, time to reflect and hopefully a good therapy binge sesh. To feel like I “have it together” mentally I need a lot, but at least I know what I need, so I’m sort of okay with it.
24. My current living room has a slight unicorn motif. It makes me so happy, I want everything about the place I live to feel magical, or like there is something special about to happen.
Now that you know a bit more about me I would love to read a bit more about you! Share a few fun facts that not everyone knows about you. I can’t wait to read your responses!