Merry Christmas Eve! Like many people, I begin my Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve and will be spending most of the day with family and friends. Last night I was able to spend a few hours with one of my best friends who is attending graduate school in Tennessee. I was so sad when I found out her trip overlapped so much with my visit to California leaving us only a few hours to see each other during her visit. If I find a ticket to Knoxville in my stocking this year I will be leaping for joy. Long distance friendships are so sad but I am grateful to have a friend that has been in my life so long. Though our life paths have shifted, we’ve moved to different cities and states-over the years we have just grown closer, it’s a true gift!
Today I am sharing a few highlights and low lights in my personal life. Allison, the author of Because I Said So hosts a monthly link-up sharing her “Ins” and “Outs”, I am excited to finally participate.
- Holiday Cheer everywhere you look there are twinkly lights, garland, faux snow and more. I love the festive decorating of Christmas season, I’ll be sad to see all of the decorations packed away.
- Christmas pajamas! I love picking up a pair of cozy, festive pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Usually I prefer to dress up (not down) for special occasions but Christmas morning is a welcomed exception.
- A Winter Road Trip. Jordan and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon for Calistoga. We normally would fly but we really wanted to bring Pierre along to meet my family (and flying with a dog seemed chaotic). One of our first “dates” was a road trip to California, I’m looking forward to another mini road trip and avoiding TSA for the holiday season.
- A New Job. Early January 2016 I will be starting a new job working as a bridal stylist at a high end bridal boutique near me. I have always wanted a career I can apply my love of fashion and I am excited to work with brides in preparation for their special day. I’m really looking forward to this change of pace. Wish me luck!
- My Brand New SHINY, GLITTERY Mailing List! Sign up now for monthly emails (the first goes out January 1st) and enter to win a prize. It’s like a monthly love letter from me to you, don’t you want to join in?
- A Christmas Cold. The past week I have been struggling with a head cold-sneezing, headaches, congestion and an achy body are no fun for the Christmas season. If you have any get better quick tips send them my way.
- My Bank Account Right Now. Tears are flowing from my eyes like the crying emoji and they can’t be stopped. Christmas is a very expensive time of year, it doesn’t help that I just touched up my atrocious roots and walked out of the salon mourning the loss of half my paycheck. If only I could be a little less vain and a little more okay with mousy dirty blonde locks.
- Sleep Deprivation. When I don’t sleep I walk around like I’m drunk stumbling and slurring my words. I have absoloutely no idea how some people can handle all nighters. There isn’t enough coffee in the world to make me feel normal after 5 hours of sleep let alone none!
Happy holidays everyone! Enjoy Christmas Eve and Christmas day with whoever it is you celebrate with. Now that you can distance yourself from many of the stressors of the holiday season take a step back and remember why you’re grateful. I know I am thankful for my crazy family, the friends who feel like family and new opportunities on the horizon. What are you grateful for this season?