It’s officially holiday season and my absolute favorite people to shop for are my besties! I’m definitely not one of those people that has all of their shopping done before December even starts…in fact, I actually enjoy the chaotic shops on the days leading up to Christmas. Does that make me weird?
For the past two years I’ve created a gift guide for your BFF, this year I wanted to follow suit. I have so much fun compiling these guides because I genuinely adore shopping for my best friends (unlike my Dad and brothers who always feel IMPOSSIBLE to shop for). Plus I know a lot of you will be out shopping on Black Friday, I’ve never witnessed the chaos in person but I do love the online sales! Check out my previous Bestie gift guides (2014) (2013) and let me know what you like to buy for your best friends.
My 2015 Best Friend Gift Guide:
1.Coffee Table Books| Decorative coffee table books make a great gift for friends who love to read and/or decorate. The Coco Chanel Life Portraits Book, Kate Spade’s All in Good Taste and The Fashion Book are all on my wish list this year.
2. Kate Spade First Champagne Pendant| Celebrate friendship and possibly ringing in 2016 together with this adorable Kate Spade pendant that practically screams “Cheers”! The necklace is the perfect girly statement, or if you prefer opt for the matching earrings instead. I’ll take both please!
3. Blanket Scarf| There’s no denying blanket scarves are this year’s coziest hot accessory (I’m currently using mine to cover my cold bare legs). Blanket scarves can be found in a variety of prints and practically every color. I personally love this one because it seems oh-so Christmassy.
4. Custom Bow & Drape Swag| If your friend has a signature sassy saying (ie. “Fries before Guys”) showcase her style with a sparkly sweatshirt, cosmetics bag or tee she is sure to wear non-stop. Love the idea but unsure how to customize your piece? Bow & Drape has dozens of witty suggestions!
5. Rifle Paper Co. Journal| The Rifle Paper Co. journals, to-do lists, planners and desk pads are every girly Type A’s dream. The student or list lover in your life is sure to appreciate these pretty note taking accessories.
6. Ban.Do The Twins Tee| It was only a matter of time before the fun loving girl gang launched a line of clothing. Though the Ban.Do collection is currently limited to four pieces each style offers a whole lot of fun. This tee is great for a cheeky friend that loves to make a statement #LifeOfTheParty.
7. Rebecca Minkoff Customizable Emoji Pouch| This pouch is so fun to customize with your BFF’s favorite emojis. Use the pouch as a clutch for nights out, a pencil case or a makeup bag. Always make a statement with this trendy gift! The coordinated Heart Eye Emoji bag charm adds an extra touch of love for your text crazy besties.
8. Ted Baker Ear Muffs| Perhaps I’ve been watching too many episodes of Scream Queens but I am totally digging these super furry ear muffs. Help your bestie stay warm and chic with a pair from Ted Baker.
9. The Ultimate To-Do List Tee| “Play with Fairies, Ride a Unicorn, Swim with Mermaids, Fly to the Moon”, if your BFF is a little whimsical this graphic tee is sure to make her smile. While you’re at it order an extra one (size small!) and send it my way (;
10. ASOS Party IPhone Case| This year ASOS has a great collection of super fun phone cases from the hot pink PARTY case, to the Heart liquid glitter case ,to the perfect Unicorn Case (my favorite) and the Zero Gravity Blink Iphone case these cases brighten up our most well versed accessories. ModCloth is another great shop to find phone cases, my personal favorites: Fairy Share iPhone case & super gorgeous pressed flower case.
11. Leopard Print Fringe Scarf| Add a little bit of sass to any outfit with this leopard fringe scarf. Leopard is a neutral after all so your BFF will have an easy time incorporating this wild piece into her existing wardrobe.
12. Goreski Glasses Bangle| For the BFF that is a little bit geek (and a whole lot of Chic) this Kate Spade bangle is perfect for embracing your inner Jenna Lyons. I have a not-so-secret love for glasses and I’ve been obsessed with all Goreski inspired products since I first laid eyes upon them. How fun is the glitter Goreski ring?!
13. Draw the Line Gift Set| Sephora offers so many great beauty sets for the holiday season my personal favorite is a selection of Sephora’s most popular eyeliners to test. I’m also loving the Too Faced Grand Chateau set and LashStash gift combo.
14. Cozy Socks| Cold winter months can make going outdoors so intimidating. I personally love cozy socks (the higher the better). These cute pairs (here & here) from J.Crew are both practical and luxurious for the cool weather ahead.
15. C-3PO Coin Purse| This year Star Wars fans are freaking out (I know because my entire family loves Star Wars except for me), and this coin purse is a fun way to celebrate the new film for stylish Star Wars lovers.
16. Metallic Totem Candle| These candles from Anthropoligie make great subtle accent pieces in any room and smell lovely, grab one for your bestie and be sure to pick up one for yourself too.
17. Holographic Make Up Pouch|If your besties are anything like me the only time they grab a new makeup bag is when Clinique is offering one as a free gift with purchase (meaning their current bag might look a little raunchy). This electrically feminine bag is a great update!
18. Don’t Mind if I Do Mug| A sweet mug for the coffee or macaron lover in your life! Add a tin of delicious hot cocoa mix or a Starbucks gift card to create an ideal ready-to-go gift.
19. Free People Hair Accessories|Do you have a friend who always manages to make her hair look perfect? Help draw attention to her best asset with a Sparkle Hair Extension, Velvet Ribbon, or a truly regal Pixie Crown. Top it off with a Mermaid Mask and a Skip the Spa Thermal Hair Wrap.
20. Dog Slippers| Puppy lovers will be drooling over these super soft, fluffy slippers. Grab a pair for your bestie to keep her toes warm all winter long.
Dealing with the logistics (mail your gifts):
Are you as addicted to BFF shopping as I am? As I get older and my friends chase their dreams many of my besties are scattered throughout the country (and even throughout the world). Around the holidays it can become SO stressful trying to mail all of your gifts in time…when it comes to mailing packages internationally it has always been a total headache.
TransWorthy focuses on affordable international shipping, saving you a trip to the post office (which can be a death sentence during holiday season) by scheduling an at/home or in office scheduled pick up. I know I want to mail gifts to my cousin living in Nova Scotia but always freak out about the cost of shipping. As a young twenty something with friends all over the world (I’m sure you guys can relate) it always made me sad that the cost of shipping was such a huge deterrent when it comes to staying connected. TransWorthy is 74% cheaper than typical UPS shipping, which means you can afford to spend more on gifts or even emerge from holiday season with a little money left over to spend on yourself (or rent, you choose).
This season TransWorthy wants to help keep us all connected to our families and friends abroad by offering convenient and affordable shipping options. Don’t spend $100 to mail a Christmas gift to your cousin studying abroad or your bestie in the Peace Corps…save that money for your shoe fund!
To try out TransWorthy simply head to the landing page, place your order, input you payment information and schedule your package pick up. Then buy yourself a nice bottle of bubbly with all the money you saved. Of course, you could save even more money by entering to win $100 toward holiday shipping, with all of that you can treat yourself to a holiday gift, you deserve it (;
For those of you participating in the Tutu Tuesday Secret Santa (you have until Friday to sign up) TransWorthy offers a perfect shipping solution for both local and international shipments. I know I will be searching for the least expensive shipping solutions for my gifts.
Do you love shopping for your friends? Where do you shop? Do you send Christmas packages very far or are most of your friends & family near by?