Though the interior decorating process has slowed down as I’ve adjusted to life in my new apartment I am still working towards creating a beautiful space to live. I want the space to represent Jordan and I while still feeling styled and clean. I haven’t written about the interior design process in a few weeks and want to get back in the habit of posting about decorating regularly. I’ve always found decorating enjoyable but until recently I never lived in spaces that allowed me any more than my bedroom to adorn.
I haven’t made any major changes to my apartment since my last updates but I’ve been adding little details here and there (and probably will be for a long time).
1. Gallery Wall
2. Styled Bookcase
3. Outdoor Lilly Hammock
4. Office Organization
I’m still working on styling our bedroom (for some reason it’s such a challenge for me) as well as styling the bathroom and kitchen (they’re so boring right now!), as always if you have any interior decorating tips or go-to blogs on design I am SO interested.
1) Introduce yourself & your blog pretty please (:
Hello! My name is Kimberly, most people I know call me Kim with the exception of my dad! Always been a daddy’s girl! I am very much a girly girl with a love of nail polish, makeup and everything that falls in between. My blog’s name is Kimberly Ann: A Blog about Fashion, Beauty and Life! At first I struggled with a blog name but then I realized I need to make it about the things that I love and it instantly came to me. The blog talks about beauty finds, fashion trends and the occasional ootd’s, as well as posts on cooking, which is another one of my passions. It also features “real” things that I may be going through, good or bad, that I feel could help others as well as myself.
2) Where do you find inspiration for your blog? Do you have a vision for the future of your blog?
Honestly, my inspiration comes from fellow bloggers and my own interests. I have browsed through many sites and have found that some people love and experience the same kind of things that I do! Knowing that I was able to share my own ideas and adventures in my own unique way. In the future, I hope my blog becomes a place where readers feel inspired and are generally happy after visiting my site. I want to offer readers a space where they can escape from the realities of the world and just relax and enjoy something different.
3) What are some of your favorite blogs to read (& why of course)?
- SweetCheeks– This is actually my sister’s blog and I love it because she provides a different perspective because she is a mom. Her blog has such a positive, loving way about it and I am thankful that she has an outlet to go to amongst her busy life!
- The Northeast Girl – I actually starting following Maureen a long time ago but I simply love her blog because of the fashion. She has an amazing sense of style and it is just engaging from the moment you go to her site.
- And of course, The Fairy Princess Diaries –I am so happy to have been able to meet Jordyn via Instagram but once I visited her blog I just had a whole new respect for her as a blogger. Her site is simply perfect! It offers the perfect balance of everything you would want to see in a blog, it simply adds sunshine to my day every time I read it!
4) Outside of blogging what do like to do for fun? What would others be surprised to learn about you?
I have always enjoyed photography and I don’t think there is a day that I am not snapping pictures of something. I simply enjoy capturing moments that are in my life because it allows me to look back and remember the memory. I also enjoy taking the un-planned pictures that don’t have a purpose per se, but stand out in other ways. Honestly, the thing that most people can’t believe when I tell them is my age. I am actually 35 years old!
5) What do you love about yourself?
I love how I think about others and I try to go out of my way to make someone feel loved or cared for.
6) What is it that you believe makes life magical and enchanting?
Being loved by someone! I honestly couldn’t see my life without the love of my husband and family. They truly are my biggest supporters and I know they will always have my back, no matter what I may be going through. Knowing that, makes me feel like the most loved person in the world. That to me, makes life magical!
Make sure you pop over and say “hello” to Kimberly! I don’t know about you but I always love discovering new bloggers. Be sure to share the link to your blog (if you have one) in the comment section so I can check it out. Let’s get to know each other a little better okay? (: