I’ve been doing a lot of dating lately (as I’m sure you’ve guessed because you’re smart little peaches) and as always I’m contemplating the complexity of human relationships. I’m Taylor Swift-ing it over here and can’t decide if it’s a choice (getting swept away) and similar mind frames surrounding love. First dates are one of my favorite interactions (says the girl with social anxiety…I know, I’m a weirdo). I love how much you learn about someone on a first date. I love that so many times you’re dealing with a “blank canvas” and a first date is your opportunity to begin painting a portrait of this person in your mind. I love the feeling of getting to know someone. I think the time when you’re ravenous to uncover every tidbit of information that becomes formative of your portrait of this person…I think that time (that feeling) is beautiful!
So my pretty princesses if we were on a first date I would show up early (definitely earlier than you and definitely breaking the rule of dating that indicates you should always be 5 minutes late as opposed to you know 20 minutes early). I’d probably be wearing a dress with tights and Tory Burch riding boots because to me this look says “look how cute and stylish I am” without screaming “I TRIED SO HARD NOW TELL ME I’M PRETTY AND BE MY BOYFRIEND”. I really can’t say though, It’s just an outfit after all (;
Facts I almost always share about myself on a first date (in no particular order):
1. My name is Jordyn, but on the first day of Kindergarden I introduced myself as “Rainbow Sunshine“. This seems fairly fitting now.
2. I have 2 brothers and a baby sister. It’s kind of been feeling like every time I blink I have a new sibling but I love being a big sister.
3. And I’m a nanny for twins, they’re 5 months old and adorable.
4. I’m kind of neurotic about being on time, making lists and filling my body with the proper amount of caffeine.
5. Oh gosh, did I just tell you I’m “neurotic” wrong word…what’s another word for neurotic?
6. I think beer tastes like my mental image of cat pee therefore I do not like it.
7. Over the weekend I painted pottery, with acrylics on canvas and did a photoshoot. All of these hobbies imply that I am artistically gifted in some way…I’m not.
8. I went through a phase in middle school that I wore safety pins in my pants and dyed my hair bright red and then a phase in high school with dreadlocks.
9. I think I’m going through a phase now that involves over sharing every aspect of my life on the internet (this is when I tell guys that I have a blog they are absoloutely 100% not allowed to see).
10. I can eat an entire pizza by myself. If this is going to gross you out we should probably end the date now.
11. My family lives in Napa Valley and I visit every chance I get (#MoreSunshinePlease).
12. I’m very much a morning person, the morning light makes my heart skip a beat.
13. Before going on a date at night I usually chug a venti peppermint mocha from Starbs just so I can stay awake. Hopefully I’ll have a bit of a personality in there too.
14. I’m afraid of aliens.
15. And I don’t really like watching movies (but I do like cuddling).
16. If I were a drink I think I would be a mimosa because I’m bubbly and sunshine-y and I really like mornings (not to mention they are my favorite), what would you be?
17. I miss being in school (desperately) and this whole adjustment to living life like a grown up has me anxious for grad school.
18. Although I have to say my anxiety has never been as non existent as it is now.
19. I’m a history nerd, the French Revolution and history of Islam are my favorites. I majored in history in college but have no intent to do anything with it.
20. I like to think I enjoy learning for the sake of learning. Knowledge as a jewel not always as a tool…consequently I’ve never been drawn towards any education that would get me a job…oops!
21. The sun shining through the leaves of in the hour just before sunset, that green, is my favorite color in the entire world.
22. I’ve been told I’m a little too obsessed with Taylor Swift. Let me talk about her for ten minutes and I’ll let you make that judgement call for yourself (;
What sort of facts do you share on a first date (or any time you’re meeting someone new). I love learning more about you (and everybody secretly loves talking about themselves) so don’t be afraid to be a little narcissistic for a minute! Thanks for this virtual little date<3
P.S. Oh and I almost always wear lacy pink leotards on dates. Kidding of course. I just did a photo shoot yesterday and was anxious to share one of the photos. Just trying to be a little scandalous and finally properly document the adorable leotard my pretty friend Claire bought me freshman year of college.