Happy Monday my pretty little Princesses! On Friday my cousin Genevieve and I watched an adorable production of Into the Woods at the Halifax Neptune theater (so excited for the movie now), Saturday I ran a 5k on an airport runway to raise money for the Canadian Lung Association, won $60 on a scratch ticket and finished off the weekend with an early Canadian Thanksgiving Celebration on Sunday. Since I’m just now making my way out of my lethargic food induced coma, I thought today would be the ideal day to share a little more about me, for those of you who are new around here (and to appease the narcissist within me).
1. After winning $60 on a scratch ticket I proceeded to spend $120 at Target as a post lottery high reward. Clearly budgeting is not my strong suit, I’m working on it.
2. I love board games and card games. Give me several bottles of champagne, a handful of friends and a closet full of games and I’ll be happy not to leave the house for an entire weekend.
3. I’m originally from Seattle but I am living in Nova Scotia until the end of November working in Marketing at a global shellfish company.
4. I’m a vegetarian and therefore don’t eat most shellfish (on occasion I will eat crab).
5. I bought Lena Dunham’s new book Not that Kind of Girl this weekend and I am SO excited to start reading it. On that same note…when does Girls come back on (I NEED MORE MARLIE IN MY LIFE).
6. I think jello is disgusting and nutella is gross.
7. Reading NPR every morning at my desk sipping Starbs has become the most relaxing part of my daily routine.
8. I get so annoyed with the term “Basic”. Why is it cool that all guys are into Game of Thrones and basketball shorts and bacon…but when a bunch of women like Pumpkin Spice lattes and Sex and the City it somehow makes us unoriginal and boring. I’d like to think the parts of me that make me interesting and someone worth getting to know is more about my thoughts on the world and life experiences rather than something as shallow as where I buy my coffee and what I binge watch on Netflix. #Rant
9. I really only want a daughter and have no interest in having a son…I know you can’t choose but I want to adopt anyways so that should make my pursuit easier right?
10. I can’t walk in heels, but I refuse to let that stop me.
11. My dream “Girl Group” would consist of Taylor Swift, Carrie Bradshaw, Blair Waldorf, Hermione Granger and Spencer Hastings.
12. I don’t like making jokes about Zombie apocalypses. It’s too scary (cue the panic attacks!)
13. My biggest insecurity is being perceived as unintelligent.
14. When I was a child I went through a phase that I wore a Simba costume constantly and renamed everyone in my life with character names from the Lion King.
15. I still love a good theme party more than pretty much anything.
16. I love to run but quit track & cross country in high school because the competition aspect made running more stressful and less of a stress release for me.
17. Big, soft, cozy hotel beds are a dream come true. I would love a stay-cation so I could just lay in bed, order room service and read on a rainy Seattle weekend.
18. When I want to cry (like really really cry) I prefer to sit on the floor in a dark closet. Is that weird? Yeah, that’s probably weird.
19. Outwardly I’m an icy cynic, deep down I’m hopelessly romantic.
20. My freckles are my favorite part of my face.
21. I was such a goody-goody all through junior high and high school and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m so happy I had 18 years to be so sweet and innocent, I like to think it helps me see the good in myself and others today.
22.Eh…I’m not really into Las Vegas. I’d rather go to Napa Valley any day.
How was your weekend? I would love to hear a few random facts about you, I love getting to know everyone a bit better!
P.S. It was extremely difficult to get any cute pictures given the blustery fall weather. My hair started off in perfect curls and ended up in a tangled lion’s mane which was fine by me because I had so much fun cracking up as my straw hair whipped me in the face #NovaScotiaLife.