I spent the weekend by glorious Lake Chelan swimming, wine tasting and jet skiing with these cuties. Lake Chelan is one of my favorite Summer destinations, I have so many memories associated with the area I can’t help but feel nostalgic every time I visit. The trip started off slightly chaotic (aka in shambles) when we were (sort of) kicked out of our camp site and forced to find a random place to stay in a very popular summer resort town at the last minute (aka we headed for the hills and did a little illegal camping…shhhh). The wild rumpus continued when the group reached a consensus that tequila shots were a smart idea Friday evening. Some people ended up swimming in their underwear in the lake (and getting kicked out) followed by swimming in a hot tub in their underwear (also followed by getting kicked out) while others kept it classy making out at bars and spraying ketchup all over themselves (hint I may have participated in 3 out of the 4 activities, that’s one secret I’ll never tell).
The trip was the perfect definition of a summer weekend getaway! I couldn’t have asked for lovelier weather or more beautiful company to share my time with. Let me just leave you with a few lessons I took away from the weekend that may benefit your life a little too.
1. Tequila is not your friend.
2. Jumping into a hot tub in the middle of the night in your underwear in order to “warm up” will only leave you colder when you’re kicked out and standing outside drenched and practically naked.
3. There is no safe spot to sit on a jet ski. Whether you are sandwiched between two of your friends or not, when your bestie drives straight into a tsunami style wave you will go flying 20 feet from safety (and your hair will get ruined).
4. Hairspray+Lake Water+Dirt+3 days without a shower = hair that looks and feels identical to straw #Sexy&IKnowIt
5. If you burst into tears when a boy tells you he can’t come camping with you chances are he will end up coming. It’s the universe’s way of making you look like a dramatic baby.
6. When you’re kicked out of a campground, hot tub, resort and lake all within 48 hours chances are you’re the problem.
7. By the time a guy is asking you to “be more serious”, you should have already told him you’re moving for 3 months (otherwise things are going to get a bit more awkward).
8. Always bring someone who can at least pronounce “Pinot Gris” and “Sauvignon Blanc” with you wine tasting, otherwise you look like a tacky college student. Thanks for living in Napa Valley family (otherwise I’d be hopeless).
9. No matter how much champagne and orange juice you buy, you will always wish you’d bought just one bottle more.
10. The quickest way to freak out a guy is texting him “We need to talk” after spending an entire weekend together and 4 hours one on one in the car. He may possibly be wondering what there could possibly be left to talk about bonus points if you leave him hanging for a solid 24 hours more.
Which life lessons did you learn this weekend? Please teach me…I’m sick of learning them all the hard way!