Flirting is hard, wouldn’t it just be easier if we could all just master flirty smiles and come hither looks without looking…creepy. I used to work really hard to try and talk to guys…and it really always backfired, I finally learned that I should probably just stick to being my silly (not sexy) self. I’ve compiled a few of my favorite moves to help you in every dating situation. I’ve tested these all personally so it’s safe to say they’re “Kid Tested, Mother Approved” or something like that.
1. Sometimes it’s cute to compare your date to your ex aloud, usually you should just keep those thoughts in your head.
2. Jump up and down pretending to be a bunny at the bar…some guys might like this, they’re probably even more strange than you.
3. Tell your crush he reminds you of your favorite fictional character (Peter Parker, Harry Potter, Peeta Mellark, etc) it’s always a great conversation starter. Bonus points if you stop calling him by his real name (and especially if you forget his real name)!
4. Wear heels you can’t walk in and make a point of “tripping” and falling into that hottie you’ve been spying on from across the room. Clumsiness has been cute ever since Kristen Stewart charmed the world as Bella in Twilight. Accidental bicep grabs are acceptable no?!
5. Talking about your personality flaws and mental disturbances is a great way to lay it all out there. He won’t have to wonder if you’re going to turn into a complete psycho once you start dating…he’ll already know you will.
6. Make a point of asking every guy at a party what kind of puppy is their favorite…and then show them pictures of your dog (it’s best to prepare a slideshow of cute pics ahead of time to avoid throwing in awkward car selfies here and there). Only give out to your number to the ones who like the same breeds as you (instant matchmaking strategy).
7. Legally Blonde & Mean Girls references are underrated but well received treasures. If he doesn’t recognize them, he’s not worth it.
8. When he compliments you and you don’t know how to respond just awkwardly look around the room like you just saw someone you know…this doesn’t work if you’re alone in his room.
9. It’s never a good idea to drink too much on a first date, it’s always a good idea to wear high heel black leather boots and show off the moves you learned in kickboxing class (Charlie’s Angels looked hot doing it).
10. If your date seems intimidating (he’s going to be a lawyer, summers in Europe and spends his weekends volunteering at the animal shelter) it’s okay to lie about your own life accomplishments, or just name drop. I once told a guy Taylor Swift licked my hand, guess who couldn’t stop texting me (the guy…not Taylor).
Follow these ten easy steps and your phone will be ringing off the hook…or maybe not because guys don’t even call anymore do they (Your phone will be “texting off the hook” just doesn’t have the same ring to it). I’m kidding…or am I?! You decide. If my awkward girl dating tips seem like a little too much work, I suggest working smarter not harder when it comes to flirting. McGraw Hill suggests a few smart tweaks to up your pick up strategy so you work smarter not harder (I’m guessing stalking isn’t one of their suggestions…oops).
What are your flirting tips (….not that they could top mine)? Do you get nervous talking to new people?
*This Post is Sponsored by McGraw Hill but the flirting tips are 100% my own.