I’ve always loved “What’s in my Bag” posts, mainly because I’m nosey and I love learning random facts about other people. I love when bloggers give apartment tours, give details about their day to day lives, and of course the contents of a bag fit perfectly into that category. I guess being nosey comes along with being a natural stalker. I love cute bags (give me all the brightly colored Kate Spade purses!) however, my daily life consists of…school, so more often than not I’m carrying a backpack rather than a stylish purse. I’ve used the same floral Dakine (similar) backpack since my freshman year of college. In high school I used to buy a new backpack or tote to carry my things every year…now I guess I’d rather spend my money on shoes? Although I do love these trendy backpacks.
1. An Assortment of textbooks, this one in particular is for Spanish. No Me gusta espanol.
2. “I’m all about Pink” notebook. I have an obsession with notebooks (there are worse things to impulse buy right?) and I have been using this one to write down blogging/writing ideas as they come to me throughout the day.
3. Victoria’s Secret leopard print coin purse, I hate taking a huge bulky wallet to classes with me but I need my student id, and obviously my debit card for when I need to buy coffee between classes.
4. Vera Bradley laptop sleeve & Macbook Air, for blogging, doing homework and facebook stalking between classes (obvi).
5. Maybook notebooks, I use these cute customized notebooks for taking notes in class and making extensive “To Do” lists that don’t necessarily fit in the small spaces in my planner.
6. Coach Wristlet, I use this oversized wristlet as a pencil pouch. I take very colorful notes so I need LOTS of bright pens, highlighters and markers.
7. Notecards, I try to bring current notecards with me on a daily basis so I can flip through them when I have downtime. I am horrible at learning spanish so I try to start studying vocab way in advance.
8. Hurraw balm, my favorite flavor is champagne. I hate chapped lips and this Hurraw balm (which I actually received as a Freebie from the Lululemon half marathon) is so yummy and moisturizing.
9. Standard 5 subject notebook with multicolored paper, like I said…I love notebooks. This one has pink, green, purple, blue and white paper (it’s so fun), I like to take notes on different colored paper for each class, it keeps my type a neurotic brain in check.
10. My Erin Condren planner is my daily lifesaver. I flip through it multiple times every hour, I make goals, write down homework, birthdays, blog scheduling ideas (although I pretty much never stick to those) and inspirational quotes to motivate me throughout the week. I will DEFINITELY be reordering another Erin Condren planner next year.I did a full review here.
Not pictured: random staples, gum wrappers, crinkled up post it notes, phone charger (I seriously need to invest in the adorable Ban.do back up charger), laptop charger and usually some sort of water bottle to keep me from getting caffeine induced headaches all day long.
What do you carry around all day everyday? Do you have essentials you can’t make it through the day without?
*All photos taken by Jeff Henkel