Woah, April 2nd marks the first day of my last quarter of college (you know, if all goes as planned). The past four years have been so influential towards my own personal growth. It’s strange how you can look back at periods of your life almost as if you’re watching a movie, or thinking about a different person. I find myself wondering “Did I really think that was a cute outfit?”, “Was I really stupid enough to make THAT decision”, it’s hard to believe that strange foreign person was me. Yet, at the same time I am the same person. I still have full on panic attacks on a weekly basis (although I’ve learned to manage them more effectively), I still have a difficult time making friends and talking to new people, and I still call the same three girls my best friends.
Over the next three months life might get a little crazy, I’m taking 18 credits, working two nannying jobs and hopefully beginning a new daily writing (and leadership) opportunity in addition to The Fairy Princess Diaries . Since I’ve always been a fan of Happy Goals I have compiled a list of 15 things I hope to accomplish between now and June 14th (my graduation date).
1. Go on at least 3 hikes, with at least 1 of the three being a completely new hike I’ve never been on before.
2. Make Jefferson an Easter basket.
3. Run a themed race (5k/10k/half marathon…still undecided on that part)
4. Save $500 for Baltimore. This one is going to take a lot of work because I’m really really really REALLY horrible at saving money.
5. Have a graduation Tea Party!
6. 4.0! (Because it’s my last chance and Spanish is going to be REALLY hard so I need the motivation).
7. Have a picnic.
8. Skinny Dip (;
9. Go a full 7 days without coffee (baby steps guys, baby steps).
10. Get pedicures with my Grandma.
11. Grow my blog to 1000 readers on Bloglovin #nerdy.
12. Have a slumber party with my three favorite friends in the whole wide world complete with mimosas&ice cream&pizza of course.
13. Spend the day adventuring in Seattle with my two baby brothers (aka forcing the 17 year old to hang out with me and bribing the 6 year old to like me with candy and presents, aww family).
14. Take time to really enjoy my last quarter of college instead of stressing and fretting over all the nonsense I stress and fret about.
15. Oh yeah, graduate college. That’s a thing that’s a goal too.
Do you have any goals for Spring? How do you force yourself to “slow down and smell the roses”?