As Spring blossoms all around me I can’t help but feel overwhelmed with thanks. I truly am a helionist (someone who worships the sun). When the sun is shining everything in the world just feels right! If the sun is up I’m ready to be up, if the sun is out I’m ready to be productive, and if not productive at the very least happy. Seattle truly is the most gorgeous city when the sun shows its sweet little face around here, I honestly believe if the weather miraculously stepped it up a notch (aka less rain) the city’s population would double. An amazing artsy city surrounded by trees and water and mountains…who could ask for more?! Apparently me because I’m craving the California sunshine like I never have before (9 days!!!)
1. Grab a kid ( you know, yours, a baby brother or sister, your nanny child, whatever) and head to the zoo! Sure it is busier when the weather is nice but Spring means baby animals and who can resist?!
2. Hit up a local coffee shop with an outdoor patio or porch. Spend the afternoon studying/reading/blogging by natural light.
3. Invite friends to play frisbee in the park. Don’t worry you don’t even have to be good, I have zero hand eye coordination which actually made the activity more fun!
4. Take your dog (or a friend’s dog) to the dog park. Your puppy will be so happy for the extra playtime and you’ll be in a good mood watching all of the crazy dog’s frolic around.
5. Volunteer with a local environmental or sustainability group, when the sun is shining even picking up litter seems glamourous!
6. Wake up early and spend the morning doing yoga in a park with a friend before grabbing coffee. The morning won’t seem so bad with such a peaceful start.
7. An impromptu photo shoot with your girl friends is perfect on a Spring evening. You’ll get fabulous pictures if you aim to shoot just before sunset “the golden hour”, you might just find some blog (or instagram) worthy pics!
8. On an extra warm night head to the beach and have a bonfire. It can be a romantic date night with your boyfriend, or you can invite a group and have fun chatting and making smores (yum)!
9. Take up running! Seriously, Spring is the perfect time to begin training for a race or starting to get in shape for Summer. With all of the extra sunlight that afternoon sweat sesh won’t seem half bad. If you’re not a runner walks and hikes are also great ways to exercise outdoors while taking advantage of the weather.
10. Rent canoes or paddle boards (if it’s warm enough)at a local lake with your bestie. You’ll be totally relaxed and as an added bonus you’ll snag some vitamin D and a killer arm workout, woot!
What are your favorite ways to take advantage of the gorgeous weather? As I always, I highly suggest floral dresses and daisy crowns for every Spring occasion.