After yesterday’s sort of “emo” post (do people even say “emo” anymore or is that so 2007), I thought I would keep today a little bit more lighthearted. It is Friday after all. We all have qualities that are better than others, vices & virtues per-say. I am definitely, definitely no exception. So, let’s start with the bad, because I’d like to end on a positive note.
1. I’m a psychotic control freak. Every homecoming, prom, tolo, etc. I demanded I was the group “organizer”. Consequently, every high school dance resulted in tears. My hair looked awful. I was locked out of my house and my prom dress was inside. Everyone in the group was running behind. We’re late for our dinner reservation. Tears, tears, tears. I’d like to say this tendency ended in high school but that would be a total lie & liar, I am not.
2. I shamelessly take selfies all day long, pretty much everyday. I have no idea what I intend to do with these photos, but at this point I could put together an entire album of my iphone self portraits. #embarrassing
3. I talk…a lot. I often have to remind myself in conversations that my friends don’t need or want to hear every detail of how & why I decided on the “Forever Sunshine” shower gel. I guess my garrulous rambling is why I need a blog?
1. I’m really awkward, and gawky but I’ve been told it’s sort of endearing. I’ve come to the point in my life where more than anything I’m trying to embrace my flaws. I will never be the person who knows the perfect thing to say at the exact right time but I think there is some beauty in that.
2. On my 17th Birthday party all of my friends shared what they loved most around me. One guy, told me he loved me because I am “Crazy happy” and my “crazy excitement” makes other people happy and excited too. I like to think that’s true.
3. I fall in love fast. Not just romantic love (I’ve been known to be a bit of a stalker in that regard…another story, for another day) but friendship love. If I meet you and realize I like you, I instantly want to make you my best friend. There isn’t enough love in the world so I refuse to believe this is a negative quality.
What are your virtues & vices? Have a wonderful weekend my sparkly little chrysanthemums!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my collaborative EDM gift guide with Helene today.