Christmas shopping season has officially begun, or ended if you have your life more together than me! As a college student and nanny (aka…poor), I always want to score great deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and get all of my holiday shopping out of the way but sadly (and realistically) my bank account won’t allow it. Instead, I’m able to buy one or two presents over the super sale weekend and I have to spread the rest of my shopping out as I get paid throughout December (true life, I live paycheck to paycheck). I honestly adore giving gifts to friends. I love shopping for my girl friends more than for my family and more than for my boyfriend. It’s nothing personal, they’re just easier!
So, for your convenience, I’ve attempted to put together a fun little gift guide for college girls! As much as I would love to be able to buy my friends the Tory Burch Reva flats, cashmere gloves and fancy Michael Kors watches I find on other gift guides…it’s just not in the budget…at all. So, in an effort to aide other college girls (or frugal shoppers) I attempted to put together a list of affordable gifts that I would actually want to wrap up and give to a friend. Of course I had to include a few splurge items, just for fun.
1. Vera Bradley Floral Umbrella|This funky/girly umbrella is perfect for rainy winter months. It’s one of those items that I find myself always wanting but never wanting to buy for myself…that makes it the perfect gift right?!
2. Unicorn Stud Earrings|These stud earrings are a dream come true and the best part…they’re completely affordable (it makes it so much less sad when one of the studs gets lost).
3. Lisa Frank Scented Pencil Set|My inner five year old is obsessing over these adorable Lisa Frank pencils. Somehow scented girly pencils make studying and note taking a much more joyous occasion.
4. Meow-za! Iphone 5/5s Case|As a rule of thumb, I’m generally against giving phone cases as gifts (it makes it super awkward if the receiver doesn’t like it and feels compelled to use it anyways) but this kitty case is just too cute to pass up even for a dog person like me.
5. Kate Spade Leroy Street Glitter Bee|If I didn’t already have a million adorable wristlets this one would be on my Christmas list. Perfect for New Year’s eve or any night out with the girls!
6. Sephora Favorites “Lash Stash” Gift Set|Every year around the holidays I lust after this mascara gift pack at Sephora, I know I can’t be the only one that thinks this idea is genius? This gift is perfect for any product junkie, it’s the best way to try just about every great mascara out there and then, of course, discover your favorites!
7. Deborah Lippmann Starlight Nail polish Set|When it comes to glitter nail polish, Deborah Lippmann is the best! What’s better than opening up a pretty package and receiving not one, not two, not even five but six glittery perfect nail polishes?! Not a lot.
8. 5 Year Journal|This journal is such a cute idea for friends who love to write and/or document. The concept behind this particular journal is so fun, and easy to keep up with because it’s only a “one line a day” commitment.
9. Karida Leopard Print Flats|Since leopard print is a neutral…I think that makes these flats the perfect versatile gift. Any shoe lover would be happy to receive these timeless leopard flats from Nordstrom!
10. Mixed Media Cable Sweater|Oh Target, so cute, yet so affordable! This sweater is perfect for those lazy days you want to wear a sweatshirt, but still want to look like you care (aka every day from November to March for me).
11. Unicorn Mug|This unicorn mug is so perfect and lovable, perfect for every unicorn lover!
12. Tiffany’s Charm Necklace|If you’ve managed to save up enough or have a friend you really want to give a special holiday gift to, I’m sure any girl would appreciate a Tiffany’s charm necklace. I’m partial to the eiffel tower, the crown and the ice cream cone…in case anyone was wondering.
13. Pink Sleep Shirt|Sassy sleep shirts make sleepovers that much more fun, plus they’re totally affordable so you can afford to snag one for all your best friends and maybe yourself too.
14. Moroccan Oil Shampoo & Conditioner|This Shampoo and Conditioner is absolutely divine (especially for dry/damaged/frizzy hair). I’m totally picky when it comes to hair products but I can’t rave enough about this entire line. If you have a friend that complains about hair that feels like straw…this set is perf!
Besides these fabulous gifts I recommend these stores/sites as wonderful sources of unique and affordable gifts:
*Modcloth: Check out the accessories section, they’re super funky and overall really inexpensive.
*Urban Outfitters: I always can find the most hilarious coffee table books, beautiful jewelry and gorgeous apartment gear.
* Fireworks: The website is in serious need of an upgrade but if you can find a local store I can almost guarantee you will find gifts for multiple people on your list.
* Sephora: I’m in love with the plethora of holiday gift sets available, plus who doesn’t love trying new fun products?!
Happy Holiday shopping!