Today I broke out my favorite horse sweater from H&M and I was a happy girl. The horse, on the sweater, represents so much more than just a horse sweater…it represents a whole collection of horse sweaters and a complete obsession with sweaters with animals on them. Now that you know the kind of girl you’re dealing with here, I understand if you decide not to read my blog anymore. I love animal faces on cuddly sweaters and if that’s wrong, I DON’T WANT TO BE RIGHT! And neither do 70% of the ladies at the retirement center down the road.
For the past few years, since my first horse sweater entered my life (this one), I’ve always sort of marked the beginning of Fall with the first day I can wear it. It’s a light sweater, but to me it screams “AUTUMN” and “CRUNCHY LEAVES ON THE GROUND” and “WARM MOCHAS” and “ETERNAL RAIN”. It’s a pretty vocal sweater, neighhhh. So I guess what I’m saying is, today was the first day of fall…for me. It’s the start of gray overcast skies and rainy days until at least April (because Seattle fall and winter pretty much blend together and are one in the same). I’m not happy about it, but I’m not sad either.
Fall welcomes back to school mode and back to school translates into “lists”. I’d be lying if I told you that I don’t love lists. I absolutely adore lists, I love reading them, I love writing them, and I love the sense of serenity and organization they bring. Nothing calms me when I’m in panic attack mode like compiling lists or, better yet, crossing items off of my “To Do” list.
Without further ado, today’s blog is brought to you by…lists! (Inspired by Erin’s post yesterday, thanks for the idea girl!).
EIGHT: If I won the lottery I would-
1. Invest in a hair and makeup artist for day to day life (see frizzy half wavy/half straight hair in every photo of me ever).
2. Buy out all of the home goods from Anthropologie.
3. Charter a sailboat and vacation for a month in the Mediterranean.
4. Go on a borderline manic sweater and boots shopping spree.
5. Build a treehouse castle, in central park (because no one would stop me right?!)
6. Tour France, sampling champagne along the way.
7. Throw a fabulous masquerade ball complete with real live princess dresses and a diamond tiara.
8. Surprise Jeff with a romantic six month long vacation, wandering through Europe, with lots of food and billions of pictures.
SEVEN: Fictional Characters I wish could be real-
1. Blair Waldorf, so I could borrow her closet.
2. Harry Potter, I think he could solve all the world’s problems.
3. Peeta Mellark, because I like eating bread.
4. Any Unicorn
5. Fancy Nancy, because all I do is babysit and I think we could play dress up and have tea parties together.
6. The Tooth Fairy, I had so much more faith in the world when I believed someone was kind enough to give me money for my old teeth.
7. Spiderman, except he would live in Seattle instead.
SIX: Things I wish were socially acceptable-
1. Wearing tutus in public, over the age of five.
2. Taking “Selfies” everywhere…ugh, why do I have to be so discreet about it?!
3. Counting ice cream and champagne as a complete breakfast.
4. When children say “That’s not the way my Mom does it”, responding with “I’M NOT YOUR MOM AND I DON’T WANT TO BE!!!”
5. Using exclamation marks as much as I do, which is always!
6. Taking a “personal day” to watch netflix, paint my toenails and read in the bathtub (once a week).
FIVE: Goals for Fall-
1. 4.0 in all my classes, woot!!!
2. Run another 5k (Halloween themed pretty please!!!)
3. Go to a WSU football game, because I’m sort of missing that place, and I still have a ton of crimson and gray in my wardrobe.
4. Sew my own Halloween costume.
5. Join a club or group or some sort of social gathering at my school, so I can have friends that are over the age of five.
FOUR: Celebrity Crushes-
1. Toby Maguire, I have a thing for nerds.
2. Rupert Grint, because…”hello”, he’s Ron Weasley.
3. Michael Cera, I guess I have a thing for awkward nerds.
4. Scarlett Johannson, since like…forever.
THREE: Items you will ALWAYS find in my fridge-
1. Spinach, I eat it on and with everything.
2. Ice cream (Phis Food, preferably), I can put away an impressive amount, hopefully it doesn’t catch up with me anytime soon.
3. Morningstar Chicken nuggets, because vegetarians need protein too!
TWO : Irrational Fears-
1. Aliens, I can barely read the word and I definitely can’t say it aloud. Don’t even get me started on E.T.
2.Underwear lines, especially with yoga pants. Now that it is fall and cooler weather means warmer/cozier clothes, they are EVERYWHERE!
ONE: Show I can’t stop watching on Netflix-
1. Pretty Little Liars, it’s so stupid and “soapy” yet soo addictive! Who is the killer?! Who is “A”? Why are these high school girls all hooking up with grown men?!
What signifies the start of Fall for you (besides the actual day of course)? Are you obsessed with list making too or am I the only one?