Summer is SO close I can smell it, and taste it, and feel it. Almost every Summer I make a list of goals, partially because I have a crazy type A personality and I can’t stand the thought of not being productive and partially because I think it helps motivate me to experience new things, have adventures and basically not spend all my time laying in the sun drinking frappucinos and reading trashy gossip magazines (although there is still a significant amount of time devoted to that particular activity). I’m taking classes this summer (sadly) but I still have complete faith that it can be an even better than last summer (which is pretty hard to top).
Jordyn’s Wonderful Happy List of Goals for Summer 2013 (officially beginning June 1st):
1. Run the Lululemon Half Marathon (I’m already registered so this should be an easy one)
2. Paddleboard on Greenlake
3. Camp with friends at Lake Chelan
4. Go on a weekend long backpacking trip
5. Attend a Summer concert (I already have tickets so now I just have to go and have the time of my life)
6. Cover my body in henna tattoos
7. Make at least one daisy crown
8. Have a picnic with cucumber sandwiches and strawberries and champagne
9. Skinny Dip
10. Read a book every week (including rereading ALL of the Harry Potter books)
-Does anyone have any suggestions?
11. A’s in all of my Summer classes!!!!
12. Tie Dye with Nicole because this has sort of become our summer tradition
13. Actually go swimming instead of just laying in the sun
14. Go to Las Vegas with Jeff for his sister’s 21st Birthday
15. Run a 5k with my Mom
16. Go to the Cabin with my family
17. Frolic through a field of daisies
18. Innertube or Jetski (which means befriending someone with either a boat/innertube or a jetski)
19. Roll down a grassy hill repetitively until I’m too dizzy to walk
20. Actually remember to wear sunscreen so I don’t get skin cancer (or a sunburn)
21. Run through the sprinkler
22. Sew three dresses for myself
23. Drink a pina colada poolside
24. Have a sleepover with my baby brother Dylan (and make a blanket fort?)
25. Have a bonfire and make S’mores
26. Paint pottery at Creativitea with Laura
27. Dress ridiculously Patriotic on the 4th of July (again)
29.Laugh with friends until night turns into morning
30. Attend Wanderlust festival (in Whistler), this one might be a little tricky because it’s sort of really expensive but I’m really trying to get more into yoga and I just know this beautiful festival would help.
Does anyone else make any summer goals? Are any of yours the same as mine?