This week has been happy, I’ve been smiling and singing and cartwheeling all around and I don’t want to stop. It started off with Mother’s day…I love my Mom, she’s adorable and caring and the older I get the more I realize we are so much alike.
Then on Tuesday I signed up for my Fall classes and I somehow was the luckiest. Ever. The luckiest ever. Soo I have the world’s longest days on Tuesdays/Thursdays (class until eight at night…woot) but I have all day Monday/Wednesday and Friday free (hello perfect schedule for weekend getaways and of course long days “working” with my babies). So I’m pleased.
But that’s not all…here are the top reasons I’m TOTALLY overjoyed this week:
1. Chocolate and Banana Protein Smoothies…this is the world’s easiest recipe and yet somehow I’ve gone my whole life without it. Chocolate Protein Powder+Banana+Almond Milk+Ice= The Perfect yummy substitute for a morning mocha or even ice cream.
2. Crafting has been a total stress relief for me the past few weeks. My inner Martha Stewart has been shining through and all I want to do is create create create!
3. Dogs. I just love dogs, especially my dog Boo. She’s a freak of nature but it’s so cute to watch her run around the dog park with her puppy friends.
4. Tone it Up fitness…have you heard of this workout plan? I hadn’t until this week when I decided to check out the website. Karena and Katrina have some great toning workouts on their blog (I’m thinking of buying the workout video someday too) that have been helping me to feel strong and toned all week long.
5. My exam on Friday was changed to a “Take Home Exam”. I’m pretty sure no further explanation is needed here.
6. Baby Hazel, she’s totally my best friend. She sometimes spits in my face, and sometimes tells me she doesn’t like me but in the end she begs me to stay everyday when I leave to go to class. I think this is a taste of what Motherhood must feel like. And she tells me that I look like a princess, how can I not love her?
7. There are only 3 weeks lefts of the quarter…THREE! I’m taking Summer classes…but still…Home Stretch!!!
8. And Finally…LIFE IN COLOR (an Electronic Dance Music Festival) is in two days!!! I can’t wait! These are the sorts of events I live for. Crazy outfits, an excuse to wear crazy makeup, get covered in paint and of course dance the night away with my two besties. You can bet I am going to be posting millions of pictures come Sunday or Monday.
For those of you glass half empty pessimistic types…I did stub my toe yesterday and I’m worried my toenail is going to fall off in the middle of sandal season…not cool. Also I bumped my head today when I was trying to do laundry…on the wall…and somehow scratched my arm. I guess I’m really clumsy.
Oh and this whole eating right and exercising thing…it has been fabulous. Of course I haven’t been perfect (not giving up Starbs completely, no way, or ice cream…that’s a joke) but I have been drinking water like crazy and I feel SO much more energetic and just over all healthier. Who knew right? (;
Is anyone else just having a happy week? If you are you can clap your hands, or do a cartwheel or
just hug your dog, that’s what I’ve been doing.
P.S. Speaking of Happiness…my Mom and I each bought a copy of “The Happiness Project” (we’re going to have our own mini book club, precious) and I am planning on reading it as soon as I have some more free time. I keep hearing all of these great reviews on it so I really feel as if I can’t afford not to read it. Has anyone read it? What did you think?