I’m sort of a magazine addict. I’m actually looking forward to my flight to Hawaii (TOMORROW) so I can indulge in trashy gossip mags, I love any reason to judge Kim Kardashian more harshly and celebrity children are all the cutest. Suri Cruise looks exactly like this girl I despised in high school so you’d think I’d detest her but her savvy style and sassy attitude keeps me coming back for more (yes I’m obsessed with a 6 year old), and if you haven’t spent at least 3 hours reading Suri’s Burnbook you are seriously missing out. Have you guys all read “Glamour”, its really not one of my favorite magazines and the only time I really buy it is when I’m traveling and I want to avoid working on homework and I’ve already read Vogue, Cosmo, and People. But the thing I really truly love about Glamour is those cute little dividers in between sections that say things like “Hey its ok to decide that if wearing uggs is wrong that you don’t want to be right”, etc, etc. I’ve always loved those sections and secretly add a #cantstopwontstop hashtag in my mind after each one (using hashtags in real life, in my own head…yah, I’m cool). So I decided to create my own list!
Hey! It’s Okay…
1.To Cyberstalk your Boyfriend’s ex, that girl who yells out annoying comments in class, and that girl you talked to once in high school who just had the most beautiful wedding in Jamaica, etc. We all do it…right?
2.To (sort of) freak out and even scream when you run into your best friend. Even if you knew you might see her because…well…you guys were staying in the same hotel…and on the same trip.
3. To write down tasks on your “to do list” that you’ve already completed, just so you can cross them off (and feel a little less stressed out).
4. To secretly pretend you’re Katniss every time you go on a trail run. Motivation is motivation right? And there is no motivation like avoiding that crazy knife throwing girl.
5. To feel personally offended when people insult Taylor Swift or Lauren Conrad or The Spice Girls. If we’re going to be hating on anyone let’s pick someone without a platinum record (Kim Kardashian, I’m looking at you).
6. To spend the three days before your vacation working out like crazy and calling it your Spring break training plan, let’s just forget the past month of pizza and ice cream.
7. On the same note, to buy a ridiculous amount of Girl Scout cookies using the excuse that “I was a girl scout” and “I want to support their troop”. Thin mints season only comes once a year, those little girls are totally milking it for all its worth!
8.To wear sparkly pink ballet flats, no matter how old you are. What fun is life without a little sparkle?
9. To spend your first Saturday off (in ages) cuddling with your dog, watching Gossip Girl and ordering Take-out instead of having real plans.
10. To count walking around the mall all day as a workout once in a while. I took the stairs instead of the escalator and that should count for something!
11. To pull all of the trash out of the garbage can and scatter it throughout the apartment including chewing up a can of tuna fish on the bed. (JUST KIDDING, totally not okay, WHAT?! You’ve never done this? I guess that’s just my bratty dog Boo).
Do you agree with me? Disagree? If you could publish that little Glamour section what would you write?